Monday, October 6, 2008

Second Half of Chemo Begins

June 3, 2008 - I had my first Abraxane infusion today. It's a "taxane", related to Taxol, but is easier to tolerate. I had a reaction (puffy eyes, red face, tightness in the chest), but was able to tolerate it with massive amounts of steroids. I didn't have an anaphylactic response, Thank God! The reactions worry me and I wonder how effective this drug will be if I'm allergic to it. I want the cancer out and gone. The steroids concern me, too.

[Abraxane is an anti-cancer ("antineoplastic" or "cytotoxic") chemotherapy drug. Abraxane is classified as an "plant alkaloid," a "taxane" and an "antimicrotubule agent."Abraxane Side Effects: Abraxane: low blood counts, hair loss, nausea, abnormal ECG, peripheral neuropathy (numbness of hands and feet), pain in joints and muscles, weakness and fatigue.]

No comments: