Monday, October 6, 2008

Admitted for Chemo


June 26, 2008 - I am still having allergic reactions to Abraxane. They want to slow it way down, combine it with a saline drip and give me the infusion over a 24 hour period. So, I'm being admitted to St. Joe's in Tacoma to receive my chemo. They call this desensitization. The idea is that over time they can speed up the infusion once my body has desensitized to it. Whatever. Just "Git R Done"!! This is week five. I have seven more weeks to go. I have my hospital bag all ready to go: PJ's, toothbrush, lip gloss, my ipod, gum, book, knitting, ice breaker candy to suck on while they access my port, and a picture of my kids. Mary, Debbie and Dacca visited me a lot at St. Joe's over the next seven weeks.

July 3, 2008 - Kristen brought Nathan to see me at the hospital. She also brought some really fun games that would become part of my hospital bag. Have you heard of Farkle? It is a great game and I highly recommend it. It's a dice rolling game, kind of like Yahtzee only better. She also brought Pass the Pigs - pig rolling, fun and funny! We also played a lot of Uno. I was in the hospital for 24 hours or more at a time and there was lots of time to pass beween naps. The thing is, there's only so much I could do drugged up the way I was. The Benadryl and anti-nausea meds made me really loopy and sleepy.

No comments: