Monday, October 6, 2008

Now I'm Diabetic!?

June 23, 2008 - The massive amounts of steroids I have been on in order to tolerate the Abraxane have wreaked havoc on my blood sugar levels. In essence, I have steroid induced diabetes. I have seen an endocrynologist and he started me on insulin shots. I have to test my blood sugar five times a day. This is crazy. One more thing. I can't wait for this to be over! I am thankful that it is temporary. Again, I will do what I have to do. Good news, alcohol doesn't raise blood sugar, so I can have a drink!! The only thing is that my mouth tastes like metal, so I haven't even enjoyed a glass of wine since I've been diagnosed. Maybe I will try a margarita. Icy, cold things (like smoothies) taste really good to me. Hey wait a minute, didn't I have a margarita on that spa weekend? :)

No comments: