Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Excellent News!

September 24, 2008 - I've been waiting all day to hear from the surgeon. He said he'd call today. 5:15 p.m. he calls. He went over the pathology report. The margins are CLEAR! Woo Hoo!! That is the best news ever. That means they got it all. He did say that the tumor was still active and measured out at 1.2 cm. I didn't think that mattered at all. Who cares if it's still alive and kicking, it's out of my body!

October 1, 2008 - Sue has been here since Sunday. She's been driving the kids around, running my household and taking me to appointments. She is wonderful. Today I had a follow up apointment with the surgeon. Everything looks good. They took the drains out. Yeah! I was happy to see the drains go. I couldn't get comfortable to sleep at night and plus, they were just gross. We went over the pathology report again. He said that everything looks good and the margins are clear. He said from his perspective I probably wouldn't need more chemo. I was ecstatic. I felt like my life had been saved. We started spreading the good news. It was fun to get the word out fast and let everyone know I was good to go!

No comments: