Thursday, October 9, 2008

Me & My Bald Friends






































Part of me didn't want to post these pictures. I don't think I look like myself and don't feel pretty. But, it's reality. I did think it was fun to take pictures with bald people I know (or met in an airport bar). So, why do most men look so handsome and distinguished with no hair? I got very puffy from all of the steroids. I was so puffy, in fact, that a nurse recently asked me if I was Korean or Japanese. She argued with me, insisting that I was Asian. She said she could tell by my eyes. Really. I was confused, recovering from surgery and wondered if I was imagining it. But, I wasn't. Why would someone do that? I think Asian people have the most beautiful facial features, but I'm not Asian. I am as caucasian as they come, with a huge dose of Scandinavian to boot. I am including a picture of me with my brother Danny, even though he's not bald... because lots and lots of people told me I looked like Danny when he shaved his head in high school. I wish I had a picture of him from back then. I am bummed that I didn't get a picture with Brad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures, thank you for sharing. You always look beautiful! :)

Your "Asian" story made me laugh ... maybe you were jaundice, like Tasha!

Hugs,
Mary