Monday, October 6, 2008

Enumclaw Hospital


March 17, 2008 - I developed an infection, which became an abscess. Let's just say it was near my leg. I was in severe pain. I developed chills, vomiting and took percocet for the pain, which didn't help. I could barely walk. Ouch! The next morning I went to my regular doctor. He referred me to a surgeon that he knows personally and works with often. I went to see the surgeon immediately. He happened to be located in Enumclaw (for those not familiar with Enumclaw, it is a small lovely rural town about 15 minutes from Auburn. Enumclaw is my mom's home town. I love Enumclaw, but wouldn't choose to go there for medical care when I could go to Seattle or Tacoma). The surgeon took one look at me and said I needed surgery that day. Long story short... I was admitted to Enumclaw hospital. Enumclaw hospital has 38 beds and was built in 1949. I had surgery later in the evening and was hospitalized on IV antibiotics for four days. I really missed my kids. I have to say that I received excellent care at the hospital (especially from my favorite nurse, Kirk), but I was happy to go home. No chemo this week.

No comments: