Sunday, November 23, 2008

Special Quilt


Here I am at chemo last week, all snuggled up under the special quilt my Auntie Debbie made for me. It is made with 30's & 40's reproduction fabrics. She knows how much I love old fashioned things. This quilt is extra special because it's the first one my aunt has finished since her stroke this past spring. I know quilting is one of her passions, but sewing is not as easy as it was before the stroke. She did a beautiful job. I am very touched that she made this quilt for me.

Take a look at my hair! It is growing in nicely and I know you can't tell in the picture, but I'm actually wearing a little barrette now. Austin isn't crazy about the barrette, but I think it's fun. It's like a one year old little girl who finally has enough hair to do something with.

I am doing okay with the chemo. This past week was my third session. I have two weeks on and one week off, repeat for twelve sessions. I was feeling great on my off week. I was pretty queasy after my Navelbine infusion this week. The Xeloda is still keeping me up at night, but I'm currently trying Ambien and it seems to be helping. I'm able to sleep for a few hours at a time. I was up last night with a 102.5 temperature and was not feeling well. I talked to the doctor on call who said my white counts are probably running low. I feel weak and tired. The fever came down with Tylenol and has been around 100.5 today. I see my oncologist tomorrow. I hope everything is okay, because we have plans to be out of town for Thanksgiving.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a very good blog, and I appreciated reading your story. My wife had triple negative breast cancer, as well. Unfortunately, she passed away last year. I have just written a memoir about my life with her. Perhaps you could turn these posts into a self-published book, as well, as others might find it equally interesting. I pray that your treatments go well.