Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cancer Sucks


We all wrote CANCER SUCKS in the sand and screamed "Cancer Sucks" at the top of our lungs out to the ocean. It was very cathartic for me. Simply stated, cancer does suck. I am feeling the cumulative effects of this round of chemo. Maybe it's not just this round, but all three rounds combined. My body has been poisoned and I can tell. I had a great time at the beach, but spent a lot of time taking it easy. I was so happy to have my mom there to help. What a beautiful place to rest and get fresh air when I needed it though. I had a seriously painful ear infection (of all the times to leave the Vicodin at home...) and was queasy for a few days. I am continuing to take it easy now that we're home. I feel like I'm pregnant and have to be on bed rest. Blah.

2 comments:

Lizard said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a wonderful Thanksgiving! Mom, Dad, David and I went to Ocean Shores on Friday for 5 nights and had some great quality time together. I thought a lot about you and the fam at Cannon Beach over the weekend; it is such an amazing place and I loved spending time with you all down there!
You better get your game face on girl because you have an Adults Only get-away coming up soon!;)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time at the beach. It's one of my favorite places!! Love to you...
Lorna