Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Xeloda

Xeloda (pronounced Zeloduh) is the pill half of my current chemo cocktail. I am doing okay with it, but the insomnia is driving me batty. I can't fall asleep (I've tried lots of drugs to no avail) - if I do fall asleep I'm awake again in an hour or two. I'll watch Jon Stewart, read for a while, shut off the light around midnight and toss and turn for hours. This has been going on for weeks now. Finally, last night I got up at 3:00. I started a load of laundry, worked on my knitting, drank a cup of hot cocoa and did a little on-line shopping (dangerous when you're wired and bored). Finally I started to yawn, a good sign! I went back to bed at 5:00 a.m. and managed to sleep for a few hours. I feel like I'm back on mega doses of steroids again. I feel like I have jet lag. At least with jet lag you get to wake up in the middle of the night in a new place with new adventures ahead. I loved waking up at 4:00 a.m. in France. Okay.... back to the song. While I was surfing the web last night, researching you guessed it -- Xeloda and insomnia, I found this song. I think it is hilarious. A fellow breast cancer survivor wrote lyrics about the drug Xeloda to the 80's song My Sharona. It is funny and the 80's crowd will remember the tune.

"My Xeloda" to "My Sharona" music? Here it is...

Oooh you make my fingers numb, fingers numb
My hands they used to be just fine, Xeloda
Now I have insomnia, insomnia REM sleep's fallin' way behind, Xeloda
Have the little pills in my hand take them every day; wanna throw them out throw them up, throw them all away... My my my i yi WOOOOM M M MY Xeloda

Tried to have some spicy soup, spicy soup
You gave me pains in my tum-eeee, Xeloda
Cramps happening all the time, everywhere
Can't eat food with hot spice, Xeloda
Have the little pills in my hand take them every day; wanna throw them out throw them up, throw them all away... My my my i yi WOOOOM M M MY Xeloda M M M MY Xeloda

Belly keeps a bloatin' out, bloatin' out
Look like I'm havin' a big ba-beeee, Xeloda
Even though you help me out, help me out
Why couldn't this have been benign, Xeloda?
Have the little pills in my hand take them every day; wanna throw them out throw them up, throw them all away... My my my i yi WOOOOm m m m m m m My my my i yi Woo

M M M MY XelodaM M M MY XelodaM M M MY XelodaM M M MY Xeloda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh girl! I love this....now you've got that tune stuck in my head! I remember fondly my well-played My Sharona 45!

Truman says 'hi'!

Caryn

john said...

So funny, if you can't sleep you might as well laugh. It was wonderful seeing you and meeting the rest of your family, seeing your house,just visiting, a highlight for sure.
Jill

Mary said...

This is too funny. Brings back memories of you and I in your Purple Bug making up our own words to songs. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one still entertaining. :)

You always make me smile!

Hugs,

Mary