Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yahoo! I'm Done!


We went to Salty's at Redondo to celebrate the end of my chemo. This was one of the kids' first "fancy" (a step up from Red Robin) dinners, so it was fun to dress up. My mom gave me a beautiful necklace that belonged to my Gram. I feel close to her when I wear it. It feels so good to be done with chemo. I have five more days of Xeloda and then that is it! Yahoo!!! I am heading to Dallas next weekend for the national Young Survival Coalition conference. This organization is for women diagnosed with breast cancer under the age of 45. There are 15 women from the Seattle chapter attending, so it should be a lot of fun. There are several classes about triple negative, which is the main reason I'm going. I'm looking forward to it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The conference sounds really great! Looking forward to hearing about your experience. Love you! C.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family photo.

Have a great time in Denver, Dena!

Good for you for working out this morning ... You're on your way to the 5k!

Hugs-

Mary

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! Dena, you are wonderful! Liz

Julie Bennett said...

You and your family deserve so much happiness! You look so beautiful and happy. What a proud evening for you all. You are in my prayers daily. J

Andrea said...

Hi Dena,
Congratulations on being done with chemo. Big milestone! Great family picture. Big hugs to you all.