Friday, February 13, 2009

Flesh Wound


I cut myself today and lived to tell about it. I had the bright idea to use a steak knife to even up a big three wick candle. Last time it was lit Nathan played with it (what is it with boys and fire??) and one side "fell" off. As I was trimming it up with a steak knife, the candle slipped out of my hand and just like that my left thumb was sliced and there was blood everywhere. It soaked through three washcloths. Yikes! I got pretty woozy and anxious. I called 911, told them had cut myself and was on Coumadin. The ambulance was here right away. I called Austin and he picked up the kids from school. Once I got to the hospital the bleeding was pretty well under control. They planted me in the waiting room for about a half an hour, so clearly they weren't too worried about it. It took 9 stitches. I'm home now, the local is wearing off just as the pain killers are kicking in. I'll be fine. It's just one more thing.

2 comments:

Lizard said...

9 stitches?! Holy moly woman!! On a good note....it is almost the 19th =) Can you believe it?

Anonymous said...

Dang girl! I am so glad you are alright. Soaking all those wash cloths would have freaked me out too. Next time, just buy new candles, right? :) Caryn