Monday, September 13, 2010

3-Day Update

The Komen 3-Day Walk is less than two weeks away. I am getting excited! Training has been time consuming! It takes hours and hours to walk 18 miles, my longest training walk so far. I've done 18-14-10 mile walks back to back and I feel ready. Bring it on! I've learned more about the route. We are starting in Redmond and walking to Everett the first day. Team Double D (Dena and Dacca) will be taking a town car to opening ceremonies. Why not? Who wants to wake up the husband and kids at that hour? We are going to have the driver stop at the Starbucks drive through, as we are getting on the road at 5:00 a.m. and we need our coffee! The Girl Scouts will be out there cheering us on Friday. I believe the route goes right by my brother's house the second day, which is cool. Thank you again to everyone who donated so I could walk. I've raised close to $3,000 for Komen!! I saw one of my Young Survival Coalition sisters yesterday and loved the t-shirt she was wearing. It said: F*ck Awareness Find a Cure. (the letter U was a pink ribbon).

No comments: