Monday, September 27, 2010

3-Day Hooray






The 3-Day walk was amazing. Dacca went with me for the early morning ride and drop off at opening ceremonies. We got a great picture with our team sign. Thank you to everyone who came out to support me, including Amanda's Girl Scout troop, Young Survival Coalition sisters and my mom. My sister-in-law, Kami, created the best cheering station, complete with a pink balloon arch at the top of a steep hill. I met up with other people I knew, met some new people along the way and walked some of the miles alone. I opted not to go to the closing ceremonies without Dacca. The whole experience was powerful and emotional. I loved it and am in for next year. Come and walk with us September 16-18 2011. Go Team Double D!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Dena!!

Lots of love, Mary

Anonymous said...

This looks so wonderful! I am sorry I didn't see your route post in time to come cheer you on. I'm proud to be your friend, Beans. Simply awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dena! Kelly