Monday, January 5, 2009

A Nice Break

It was wonderful to have my chemo off week fall during Christmas. I felt better than usual and I'm thankful for that. I have been taking it easy as much as I'm willing to and we did have a nice relaxing Christmas. Austin and the kids were home for two weeks (seems like longer with all those snow delays). The bummer is that I had chemo on New Year's Eve. I was queasy most of the afternoon, but was able to get in a nice 4 hour nap before the festivities began. We had our annual fondue party with neighbors. Austin did all of the shopping and our friends prepared everything while I rested on the couch. I almost made it till midnight. I slept through the fireworks. I talked to my oncologist last week. He said my port will be coming out as soon as this round is over (last chemo 2/19/09), which will hopefully help the blood clot dissipate. I go for labs tomorrow morning to check my Coumadin level. It is supposed to be between 2 - 3 and was 4.8 last Thursday, a bit high, so the dose was reduced. I'm still getting labs at the hospital, but am scheduled with the Coumadin Clinic next week. I have been feeling a little anxious, as we are approaching the one year mark of when I was first diagnosed (1/14/08). I was glad to say goodbye to 2008.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy New Year!

2009 is going to be a great year for you my friend!

Hugs-

Mary