Sunday, December 14, 2008

All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front...

Just kidding... Although my surgeon (the best) did a beautiful job, I am anxiously awaiting reconstruction kick off. I don't feel complete the way I am right now. Wearing the foobs (fake boobs) and having really short hair that I'd never choose in a million years is getting old. Deep down I know that getting through this round of chemo and focusing on wellness is the most important thing. It hasn't even been a year and look at all I've been through. I have often thought back to this time last year and realize that the cancer was growing, but undiscovered until January. I had cancer but didn't know it. It's kind of creepy to think about it. I need to do some Scandinavian baking and then I'll be ready for Christmas. It is pretty easy to be ready because of the amount of simplifying I've done. It took me a week to decorate the house, because I did a little bit each day. Considering the insomnia, I could have done it all in one 24 hour all nighter, but I'm trying to... yes, simplify! I love Christmas. I hope the snow sticks around.

No comments: